We are a younger section of the Clowne Road Runners running club. We aim to allow young runners aged 7 to 16 to be able to come and have fun with other young runners to increase their confidence and their enjoyment and ability in running, before they are ready to join our adult club.
We welcome runners aged 7-16 years old, of any ability to come along, meet new friends and have fun running!
Parent/guardians need to register on behalf of their child to book on sessions.
Note: Our leadership insurance covers children aged 7 and over now., if you would like to take part and are under the age of 7, then we cannot be responsible for you and are not covered as part of our insurance. This doesn’t mean that you can’t get involved, just get in touch and we can arrange something.
Our sessions are at Mount St Marys Running Track. Do not enter the track until 6:30pm
Being at the track alongside our adult runners allows the juniors to get used to the track environment. We do a mixture of track activities and running outside the track also to practice hill and XC running.
The adult section running alongside us, should hopefully provide some inspiration to our youngsters and encourages more of a whole club feel.
We will make the most of grassy areas nearby for game type activities that we know the juniors all love.
Any questions about the sessions, please email:
- Session are Wednesday evenings
- Each session begins at 6:30pm and will end around 7:30pm if not before.
- Enter the track car park from Station Road and there is a one way system in place. You go straight on and then go round to your right for parking. The track is down the stairs. NB: Please be careful on these stairs as they can be dangerous.
- Equipment: You do not need special trainers for the running track but if you do have spikes then feel free to bring them but bring another pair to walk down in and for games on the grassy area. Normal running trainers should be fine.
- Members= £1, non-members (after the first taster session)= £2
Junior lead: Hannah Banton
Junior Treasurer: Lewis Banton
Membership secretary: Katy Taylor
Coaches: Hannah Banton, Rebecca Marshall, Louise Lowe
Volunteers: Sally Cocking, Suzanne Leusby, Liz Close, Philip Morris
Website / media secretary= Suzanne Leusby
Results reporting= Giles Searby, Philip Morris
Social Secretaries= Ruby Close
Welfare officers: Suzanne Leusby and Lewis Banton